- Know what to expect on the National 5 Physics course
- Understand the Course Structure
- Know where to access materials
- Find good places to go for online help.
- Know about Units, Prefixes and Scientific Notation
- Understand the make up of the SQA N5 Physics Course
- Get 90% or more on the weekly Friday Review assessment
- Complete the tasks on Units, Prefixes and Scientific Notation to a high standard
- Check out the National 5 compendium and save your own copy in an editable form.
- Read through the whole of Mrsphysics.co.uk/n5 front page
- Go through the compendium and mark off the content that you feel you have already covered in BGE. You could do this electronically if you want (NB Capital P in wingdings 2 gives a nice tick and capital O gives a cross).
- Check through the course content from the SQA website
- Watch Mr Mitchell’s Introduction to N5 Physics
- Watch Mr Mitchell’s Greek Letter Video
- Watch Mr Mitchell’s Video on Units, Prefixes and Scientific Notation
- Read the material in the Intro of the Compendium.
- Make notes on the Compendium content 0.2,0.3,0.4. and pages 21 to the end.
- Work through material on rearranging equations
- Answer the questions from the Learning Outcome Question Booklet on Units Prefixes and Scientific Notation 0.2, 0.3,0.4 or if you need the link as a pdf
- Start making a list of Quantity, Symbol, Unit, Unit Symbol, Scalar or Vector in the Notes. NB Colum 3 needs to be much wider than most and column 1 needs to fit in gravitational field strength, but columns 2, 4 and 5 only need to be a few letters wide. Keep this up to date, and we’ll have a quiz as to who can get the longest list from all the quantities you’ve met in the BGE.
- Do the Quiz on TEAMS- you’ll need to score 9/10 or more so do some revision.
- Let me know if you don’t have a CASIO 83 or 85 calculator.
- ….and finally, ask any questions that you have or anything that you need to be explained in more detail.
WELCOME TO THE TEAM.!